What you should do if You or Someone You Know is Unwell or Had Contact with Some Other Person who Has COVID-19: Israel Figa
In the light of the prevailing Covid pandemic, it is very vital that you should know what to do if you have had contact with someone who contracted the coronavirus. Similarly, you ought to also know what steps to take if someone in your house falls sick or has had an interaction with someone else with Covid 19. This article looks into both of these important situations. Read to learn more.
What you should Do when you or someone else in your Home becomes Unwell?
As per Dr. Israel Figa, majority of the people who contract COVID-19 will be able to recover in their respective homes. Israel has the following important directions for those who are recovering at their house and their caregivers:
- Stay in your home when you are unwell, except if you have to head out to receive medical care.
- If you have contracted COVID-19, be sure to inform all your close contacts. When you let them know, they can quarantine in their homes and get tested.
- If possible, use a separate bathroom and room for sick members of your household
- Regularly, wash your hands with water and soap for at least 15 seconds, particularly after blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing, going to the washroom; and while preparing your food and before eating it.
- If water and soap are not available readily in your home, make use of an hand sanitizer (alcohol-based) which has at least 60 percent alcohol. It is important and Israel Figa has stressed on this multiple times that you should always wash hands with water and soap if your hands are visibly dirty.
- Provide the member in your house who is sick with disposable and clean face masks to wear at home. These masks will help preventing in spreading COVID-19 to other people. Every other member should wear masks at their homes. According to Israel, masks provide some protection to who is wearing it and also serve to safeguard those around the wearer, lest they are infected with the coronavirus that leads to COVID-19.
- As needed, clean the sick bathroom and room to prevent unnecessary contact with the sick individual.
Be sure to follow the aforementioned directives very carefully.
When Should you seek Medical Emergency Attention?
What Dr. Israel Figa and other medical doctors say is that you should look for warning emergency signs for COVID-19. If some person is showing any of these emergency signs, be sure to immediately seek medical emergency care.
- Trouble breathing
- Pressure in the chest or continuous pain
- Inability to stay awake or wake up from sleep
- New confusion
- Gray, pale or blue-colored lips, skin or nail beds, depending on the tone of your skin.
Keep in mind that the aforementioned list is not all the possible symptoms. It is vital that you reach out to your medical provider for any other kind of symptoms that concern you or are very severe.
You can also call 911 or contact your local emergency facility. Inform the operator that you seek care for some individual who might have or already has COVID-19.
What to do if you have had close contact with a person who has Covid 19?
- As per Doctor Israel Figa, the ideal way to safeguard yourself and other people is to quarantine at your home for 2 weeks if you think you have been exposed to certain person who has COVID-19. Explore the website of your local health department for information regarding options in your residential area to reduce this period of quarantine.
- Be watchful for any Covid 19 symptoms
- Medical doctors highly recommend that you keep your distance from others, particularly those who are at greater risk for getting too sick from COVID-19.